Our CFD methodology is a fundamental part to the aerodynamic development of each car, not only from the process point of view, to speed up and make each phase more efficient, but also from the product point of view, in order to be more accurate in describing the aerodynamic behavior of the car. We are therefore growing our CFD methodology group to enhance our CFD tools and ensure that every CFD test is as effective as possible in understanding the car behavior and reaching aerodynamic targets and performance.
The candidate will have a MSc Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, (preferably in Aerospace Engineering) with a strong background in turbulence modelling and CFD methodology.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our CFD tools and workflow.
- Support and optimize existing CFD tools including monitoring and resolving issues.
- Work with senior CFD engineers and aerodynamicists to understand correlation aspects and develop methods and processes to improve this.
- Ensure that CFD simulations and analysis carried out within the department are state of the art and aligned with the capability of the tools.
- In the senior role you will be expected to provide guidance to other engineers and take a lead in key aspects of the group’s work.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- Experience applying CFD knowledge to drive effective engineering solutions.
- Proven ability to work at a fast pace and to react rapidly to new information.
- Experience of Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting would be beneficial.
- Experience of Ansys software (Fluent and Fluent-Meshing), ANSA, and Creo PTC would also be beneficial, but not essential.
- F1 experience would be advantageous but not essential.